I've never sat down and just thought about and really established what I believe...
this is DEFINITELY not everything I believe...but it's a start
I belive in God.
I believe in Jesus, His only son, the Savior of the world.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, and I believe He lives in me because I have claimed Jesus.
I believe in complete, true, beautiful Love.
I believe that the Bible is God's word.ALL of it is God-breathed, useful for teaching, correcting, and rebuking. (just as it says)
I believe that the only way to Heaven is by God's grace, through faith in Jesus.
I believe that we are free to do whatever we want to do. God gave us free will, but our actions and words matter, they do and will have consequences...and there is a reason for that.
I believe that God lets bad things happen, and even makes things happen that we don't appreciate at the time, for our benefit.
I believe God keeps his promises and He can only speak truth.
I believe that no man is perfect (aside from Jesus)
I believe that although no man can achieve perfection, we are still commanded to "be perfect as our heavenly father is perfect" and that is something we MUST rely on God to fulfill. (I don't think it will be fulfilled in our earthly lives...but I would not put anything past God)
I believe that God is good.
I believe that God is dangerous.
I believe that God is LOVE.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
"I believe that God is dangerous."
I wholeheartedly agree, and I think I understand where you're coming from, but I'd still like to hear more about your thoughts on this, if that'd be all right.
definitely.
I think it's best described in the Chronicles of Narnia...I'm sure you know what I'm referencing...
but put it this way...God is God. And that makes him all powerful all knowing, etc. He isn't safe, because it's just not in his nature to be safe...because He is God. (just like the lion analogy in the books and movies)
So following God is risky. There will be things He asks us to do that are completely outside our comfort zone. Or even things that are potentially life threatening...
But He is good. He will always have our best interests in mind,and if we're truly following Him, knowing that even if there is a big risk to us, God is going to use the risks we take for His glory and for expanding His kingdom. Of course if we die knowing Jesus and the place we have in Heaven through him, even death is victory.
And of course He loves us with everything He is, because He is Love.
anyway...I gotta go to church now haha...is that a good explanation for now?
def always a challenging and enlightening idea to write out your beliefs. good to get yourself thinking. i think you should have bulleted them...but that's just because i love bullets more than anything in all of writing. :)
Post a Comment