Search Blog

Friday, July 3, 2009

concerned...

The world has been going to shit since the fall of mankind...ugh.
I'm so over this place.

sometimes I just like to complain...(in fact...I'm pretty good at it)

so three of the big things I have grown very tired of in this fallen world are::
1. laziness - my own and that of others, in every sense of the world from work ethic to just sleeping too much and everything in between.

2. self interest - my own and that of others. making everything about "me" just brings more shit to an already shitty place.

3. convenience - the addiction so many people have to it. the way it encourages our laziness and keeps us from standing for anything for very long. It discourages commitment and when we put little effort into the things we do in life, they don't hold much meaning in the long run either.

one thing these all have in common is a remarkable ability to turn beautiful things into ugly things. so instead of taking the beauty for ashes that Jesus offers, we put ourselves in these little prisons and reach out for what could be beautiful and end up taking hold of misleading ashes.

No comments: